Thursday, June 24, 2010

Getting Started...finally!

Welcome to my blog! I have a lot to say in this blog but I have no idea where to begin. I guess I'll start with how b. alyse came to be.

As many of you know I used to be a partner in Forevermore Photography. Life took a turn for me and in October I gave up my half-ownership in that business. (Special note: Forevermore Photography is now fully owned by Cody Mason and is still in business. He is a very talented photographer. Check out his work at
http://www.forevermorephoto.com/. Don't be surprised if you see familiar work on that site. We worked together for a year. : ) ) For the last eight months I have been saying that I was eventually going to start a business in photography again. I started building a website in November/December that fell flat because I was just plain unhappy with it. In January I started student teaching and my priorities changed. During this time I worked as a second shooter for a fabulous local photographer, Devon. (Check out her wonderful work at http://www.devonjimagery.com/) I have loved working with her. She's a ton of fun! Even though I was still taking pictures during my down time I was shocked by how much I missed processing my own images. I knew I needed to get back to what I loved about photography...and that's pretty much everything! In early June I accepted an art teaching position at my alma mater! (SO...SO...SO EXCITED to get started!!) Photography was the last piece of the puzzle. I started researching and trying to figure out what I was going to do all over again. Lauren Pinson helped me so much with ideas and suggestions!! (Not to mention helped design...well pretty much completely designed...my fantastic logo! Check out her work at http://www.lmillerphotography.com/) And finally at long last the website was launched yesterday. Yay! Haha that was probably a much longer explanation than any of you...well all five people who might view this blog and read it...would like to know. : )

Now I'm entering into what I will lovingly refer to as my rebuilding stage. Some of you may have looked at my pricing page and if you did you realized that the prices are extremely cheap. Take advantage of it because they won't be that way for more than a few months. Like I said...Welcome to my rebuilding stage!

A few more things: As some of you may have noticed I do not have my phone number listed on my website or my (soon-to-be) business cards. Here is my reason: I am a teacher and I don't want my students to have my cell phone number. With that said I am VERY good about checking my E-mail. I will get back to you if you E-mail me and I can also give you my phone number once we begin correspondence. : )

Special thank you to mom, dad, and Tyler who always encouraged me...in everything. To Jake who had to put up with the distracted whirlwind of a girlfriend I have been lately while trying to get organized. Thank you for the support and understanding my love. : ) Thank you to Lauren Pinson for her ideas, honest opinions, and wonderful knowledge of Illustrator (You saved me a whole heap of frustration : )) Pretty much thank you to everyone for all the encouragement and support! I'm so excited about the coming future! Blessings!


Oh!! One more thing! I just booked Mike and Amanda's wedding for December 19!! Super excited-it's going to be fantastic!! : )


{b. blissful; b. blessed}
-Brittany Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment